Saturday 2 April 2016

Painting of the Month - George Best!

This is George Best, born 1946 and lived the next 59 years to the FULLEST! 
He is renowned for his football prowess, however, he is also remembered for his love of women, alcohol, his jet set lifestyle, and his infamous quotes... here are just a few:
"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life."
"I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World."
On David Beckham:
"He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right."
On being named Footballer of the Century in 1999 
“It's a pleasure to be standing here. It's a pleasure to be standing up."
On being sent to prison for drink driving in 1984: 
"Well, I suppose that's the knighthood f****d.'"
and
our favourite... 
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."




No comments:

Post a Comment